Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Wee Ride for Wee people

Let me start by saying that I am chunky, fluffy, over-weight.  Not Gilbert Grapes mother over-weight, but more so Kristie Alley fat actress over-weight.  In an attempt to become healthy and have fun with my son I decided to get a bike and a child bike seat and start riding.

After making a couple of networking call trying to find an inexpensive bike my father informs me that he has one and that I can have it.  Great, at first chance I pick it up, stuff it in my truck and head home.  Ok, so I now have a bike I now need to get a child seat.  Sitting in the living room playing with my son I hear my mother in the kitchen, so at that point I put my trickery into play.  In a loud voice I say “Oh Nicky don’t cry mommy will get a seat for you to ride with her when she can.”  Weather that worked or not my mother agreed to get us a Kangaroo Wee Ride child seat.  Now back in the day the children seats go behind you, but now they fit between the handle bars and the riders seat.  Wow really?  Let’s just shove our negative thoughts aside and mount this seat on.  After about 10 minutes of fooling with tools that don’t fit the seat is in place and I am ready to go.

I take my new bike and seat outside and place my child into the seat and he seems to be very happy.  Here is where the trouble begins; I have to get on this bike.  I’m hunching myself on the seat it literally looks like I’m dry humping the seat.  I then notice that my stomach is smashed against my sons back pushing him forward onto the protective triangle at the front of the Wee ride.  His helmet clad head is placed right between my breasts and my knees are spread eagle because there is no space for anything.  Well whatever, were riding no matter what.  After about 2 blocks my legs are burning and I’m holding on with a death grip just to stay on the bike.  Not my idea of fun this is not what I anticipated.  Needless to say, it was returned to Wal-Mart.  Good riddens uncomfortable bad idea child seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment