Thursday, December 30, 2010

Judgment is Coming

I am a judgmental person, no I used to be a judgmental person.  When I would hear of someone who lived with their parents and did not have a job the first thing that came to mind was LOSER.  I can't think like that anymore I refuse to call myself a loser.  The past 20 months has changed me and I feel for the better.  How could I ever call someone a loser when I had no idea what made them or forced them to take a step back in life.

I live with my parents, because I left my husband.  The best decision I could ever make for my child and I.  I do not work or bring income in to the household, because I stopped working my twentieth of pregnancy.  I chose to stay at home throughout my pregnancy and the first year of my sons life.  Since I have hit the pavement, some may say, I have had only a few bites.  Although this makes me a little depressed, since I am a very career oriented person, I would not change this for the world.  Once my son started daycare 4 months ago my grandmother has been very ill and simply put needed 24 hour monitoring.  Once again I am the one in the family that doesn't work so I have taken on that task while the others cannot.  With all these events taken place I can't help but think of that old saying "things happen for a reason." 

For example, once my son was born I realized that my husband was not what I wanted in the long term partnership of marriage. Living at home with my parents is providing my son with a better life than he would have with my husband and I.  A better life than what we could provide him.  Maybe I haven't located a job because my grandmother needs my help at the moment.  Now it's all making since.

I am not a loser and will never be.  My personality will not allow that.  So before I or anyone else makes a judgment call on someone, think think of what they may have gone through to put them in that place.

No comments:

Post a Comment